View Single Post

Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Great info, coach 22

Thanks for the info. Let's face it, S&W was able to develop the 340 series thru the use of super-expensive scandium (@ six-figures per pound) blended with aluminum to produce an extremely light-weight (13.3 Oz.), easily concealable, and inherently reliable - as are all revolvers - handgun for personal protection ONLY. Sport shooting is not for this kind of a weapon. Indeed, for those in need, it can even handle the 35,000 lb. pressure of a .357 Magnum. Amazing! And, as you are no doubt aware, they ain't cheap, but then, they ARE for personal protection. I have made the choice, so my next step is to do my very best to select the best possible ammo for ME from among all the very good stuff out there. Yes, I'll have to spend some dough up-front trying out the various ammo, but I consider it to be a necessary function to achieve the desired result, i.e. effective, last resort, personal protection. This is why I am so grateful to you and the other forum members who have shared your knowledge and experience with me. It will save me a bundle, and perhaps much more. I first checked the Corbon 38 +P 110 gr DPX on their website and I agree that it is a preferred all-round choice for Law Enforcement/Military for it's metal/glass penetration as well as deep body penetration capabilities as would be expected for them to encounter. However, when I checked the Buffalo Bore website for the 38 +P Low-Velocity JHP I can certainly see why this is your present "carry" ammo. Other than the Speer Gold Dot Short-Barrel 38 +P, the Buffalo Bore is the only one with good specs from a 2 inch barrel, and I really like the specs. I will definitely try some of these. Thanks for the help.