View Single Post

Old 06-05-2011, 01:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Friend of mine got into a shoot out in Queens, NY a couple of years back. Robbers pushed in as he was opening check cashing place. Forced to open safe. Think he said there were three of them. None wore masks. They were armed with "large automatics". First opportunity, he drew his S&W 36 loaded with 110's, stepped left and crouched and fired all five rounds. Two hits on one of the bad guys. They wrestled the revolver away from him and took off. The guy he shot didn't "act like he was shot". The guy that got hit was found in Brooklyn, NY bleeding out, though. My friend should have been shooting 158 grain semi-wadcutters. That was our department load when he retired. He bought 110's from a gun store because he ran out of ammo. He was never a guns and ammo guy. Just did his job for 20 + years and retired. His default training kicked in: stepped left and crouched, punched the gun out and fired. Should have had a heavier round. Bottom line: he survived. We now use the Speer God Dot 135 grain +P round. I sent him several boxes right after his shooting. He ended up getting a S&W M&P .40.