View Single Post

Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is i possible to get an ambidextrous safety on the Beretta 21?

I am a lefty and getting more and more P.O.ed at manufacturers ignoring 15% of the market.

Some time ago I started getting rid of most guns that were not ambidextrous. Right now I have a S&W M&P which I love, A Sig P250 which I like and a Ruger LCP

I still have a Springfield XDM and a Ruger Mrk III both of which I use for competition but neither are ambidextrous..

Now, here is my problem. Actually several of them so bear with me till I get to the biggie!

1. I am an old Pharte.

2. I took up active shooting just 4 years ago.
3. I am very interested in Concealed carry and even help teach classes.
4. I am not a particularly good competitive shooter. In some 200 events I placed first once and I'm the first to admit that was luck.
5. I wear hearing aids.
6.. I do much better both in accuracy and speed shooting with a .22 placing in the top 3 on occasion.

I tuned stupid about a month a go and went to the firing range withou my hearing protectors. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

I didn't even notice it until I had fired 7 or 8 rounds of 9 mm. Totally screwed up my hearing. The doctor says I might get some recovery within 3 months. I see some improvement in the month since.

Of course I will never forget my hearing protectors again on the range, BUT, I have no doubt that if I had to use a center fire in a life or death situation it would leave me all but deaf, and maybe totally deaf.

So I am thinking about a .22 for concealed carry, at least until I see how much my hearing improves, if any.

I've kind of narrowed it down to a Beretta A 21 or a Walther P .22, maybe both. Acctuaally I have owned both in the past. The Beretta 21 before I ever got active and the Walther the first year I got active. At that ime my carry pistol was a Kahr PM 9. I hadd to send it in to have some work done and actually the Walther fit in the same holster and I did carry it for a couple of weeks.

I like the Beretta, but with the left side safety it's no good for SD. The Walther is a real possibility, but it is not really a pocket pistol.

I don't want another debate on caliber, I know bigger is better but I think I can place .22s in a playing card sizes at 21 feet quicker and more accurately than with my 9's.

My questions:

Can I get an ambidextrous safety for the Beretta?

Is there some .22 ambidextrous gun you can recommend?

Thanks you!

Last edited by Puppy; 06-06-2011 at 02:39 PM.