View Single Post

Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 PM

Liked 1,025 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALADIN85020 View Post
Those black grip adapters look pretty good; some fine finishing of the rough edges should do wonders. Hope you can find a suitable mix that will look good with aluminum and nickeled finishes! Keep us posted on progress.
The top edges were the worst segment of the mold that just died. There was a huge sprue that came in there, that I had to keep trimming back to get rid of air pockets that left voids. This in turn produced a ragged top edge that had to be trimmed, filed, etc. And I haven't found a polishing system that can put those edges back to fully smooth. It's all cosmetic, of course, but I'm hoping that the new mold will solve that particular problem, at least partially.

As to colors for stainless and nickel frames, I'm guessing that my light gray ( a little lighter than the gray one I photographed earlier) will be an OK solution unless and until I can find a technology that allows a true metallic look. When I get past the basic black production I'll make a few gray ones in different tones and try to find nickel and stainless frames to check 'em out on. (Note: sentence ended with TWO prepositions. Extra points. )