Thread: M&P 15 sport
View Single Post

Old 06-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Liked 47 Times in 21 Posts

I had this weird, impulsive urge at the gun shop 2 weeks ago and since a buddy works there and gave me a better than average price, I bought a Sport. Last weekend I sighted it in with the factory iron sights and it shot just fine. Then I put on an EOTech and it still worked fine. It was working fine at the 300 round point too. In fact, it was a lot of fun. Worked just the same as any of my other rifles - seemed just as accurate if not more so than others.

Keep in mind that a 16" barreled, adjustable stock AR with an EOTech is not a target rifle. I think it would be just fine at what it was designed for. My EOTech has a 1MOA dot and a 56MOA circle. On a 100 yard target, the dot is still big enough to blot stuff out, so it is what it is. I would bet that if you put a nice scope on a Sport, it would be just as accurate as many "more expensive" rifles.

It might be my imagination, but it seemed like the bore cleaned up easier than my stainless barreled rifle. Or maybe that's because it was new; I don't know.

The action and trigger on the Sport are about like you would expect. The trigger pull is fairly long, but there's no nasty creep to it - it's pretty smooth. Like I said above, it's not a target rifle so I'll leave the trigger alone, more than likely. The action is fine - no hiccups, no problems. I was using Colt 20 round magazines and they worked a-okay in it also.

I'm just an average shooter. I've been doing it for decades and I haven't experienced a real need for a dust cover or a forward assist. I'm not crawling around in the dirt and mud, so the Sport works just fine for me. If I have to crawl around in the dirt and mud, I'll use a different rifle, or I'll just run away somewhere else.

If you're looking to get a nice, fun little rifle and only have that much money to spend, it works just fine.

Roger