View Single Post

Old 06-10-2011, 12:09 AM
US Veteran

Liked 298 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
I can't tell you what to do with your revolver but I'll tell you what I do with mine. The current pressures generated by most .38 Special +P ammo will not damage all steel revolvers made after WWII. (IMO of course) I shoot Remington FBI Load ammo (158gr LSWC/HP +P) in my older M36 and pre-Model 10 all the time without issues. I'm not telling you you should do the same, only that I do...

As for Buffalo Bore ammo, I find it very hard to believe ammo that generated so much more velocity than any other standard pressure ammo actually stays within SAAMI pressure limits.
As an ammunition manufacturer BB has powders available that you and I can't get for reloading. I have been shooting Buffalo BoreŽ 357 Magnum and 38 Special ammunition since it was first introduced. I shoot the 158gr LSWCHPGC standard pressure in my 38 Special guns, and the same bullet in +P flavor in my 357 Magnums. In all those years I've never encountered an over pressure load (blown out cases, flattened primers, or sticky extraction). Both loads have identical POA/POI in my guns.

I wish you the best of luck in what you choose to carry and shoot; as for me, I will continue to use 158gr BB ammunition in my 38 Special and 357 Magnum revolvers. Regards...........

Last edited by badge 851; 01-11-2013 at 12:45 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: