View Single Post

Old 06-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

While shopping for a new $800+ (out the door price) 4" 629, I was looking at one of the latest models, the gun had absolutely the very nicest SA trigger I've ever squeezed, but there was a huge gap between the bottom lug and frame, I passed on the gun and decided I have to be able to handle the gun before purchase...I was considering ordering online to save up to $100.00, I figured what the heck it's a Smith they'll all be perfect and if not the factory will take care of it on their dime.

A "canted barrel" or a huge gap, you have to be kidding me, this might be acceptable to some but I'll pass Thank you, and S&W quality just slipped a notch in my opinion.

I'm not an expert or gunsmith, I just want what I paid for and I expect quality and pride of workmanship from Smith and Wesson, otherwise I'd just pick up a Taurus, it makes me wonder what else they over looked in quality control.

I was expecting more out of the new plant in Maine with the new equipment.

I currently own a newer M&P9c and a 442, I have no complaints both are very nice guns, in the past 50 years I've owned a few other Smiths, all were exceptionally nice firearms, this is my expectation of S&W.

Make all the excuses you want, I expect better and would be really upset if the factory doesn't bend over backwards to make it right.

A crooked front site is acceptable? What are you guy's drinking?

Last edited by Jitterbug; 06-10-2011 at 10:08 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: