View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 PM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
I was a Combat Arms Maintenance and Training (CATM) in the USAF. We instructed on and repaired all USAF small arms. For what it's worth and what I have seen I feel the M9 will break long before the M&P will. The part I saw break most often on the Beretta was the locking block. I have seen several dozen break.

I have a M&P and they are a much better firearm than the Beretta.
The 1st Generation Beretta locking blocks were only lasting up to 20K+ rounds and Beretta has improved these locking blocks since to last 35K+ rounds.

I have a Beretta M9 and 92FS. I have competition shot with the 92FS without any FTF/FTE or locking block breaking. The Beretta was not as easy (mostly due to: slide safety/decocker and DA/SA) to competition shoot as the M&P9 that I now use. I like the Beretta M9/92FS and will always have one or more. The Beretta M9/92 is my favorite fullsized auto.

I used my M&P9 in 2010 competition shooting and put 2K rounds through this without issue. I did not clean this gun the whole year and shot the heck out of it without any failures.

Sounds like you made a great choice but you should always have a "want" for a Beretta M9/92 in your inventory...