View Single Post

Old 06-14-2011, 12:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default S&W .38 M&P Model 10-5

Hello guys. I hope this is the right forum for this pistol. I have been searching around for the last little while trying to obtain information on this gun, and this forum was in my search results.

I believe I have a pretty good idea as to value based on others I have found, however, I'm curious to know if anyone could provide a guestimate as to when this gun was built and what frame it uses. I'm finding info which states its a K frame - I was hoping to locate a holster for it and maybe carry it in a rotation with my Glock, and pretty much all I am finding are J frame holsters. Not knowing about these guns I do not know how similar or interchangeable items like holsters are in regards to them.

Anyways, to the gun itself...

It was acquired this evening from a friend of my father's. He is much too old for this stuff now, and told my father that I am welcome to it since I enjoy guns. So alas, I wound up with this for free. Great deal which was impossible to pass up lol.

Anyways, here are some images...

Also, I'd be curious about what type of finish are on these. I was hoping it'd come out in the pictures, but it didn't reflect as I had hoped. The best way I can describe it is a black diamond type of finish they use on wheels. It doesn't look like traditional bluing (at least the type I'm used to seeing), and its obviously not nickle either. It's like an in between of sorts.

I also have no idea how to figure out how many screws it has. I saw a couple posts about a screw in front of the trigger guard, but I have yet to locate one there.

You can't see it in the pictures either, but in the corner of the label on the box, it's marked 135.00. All that remains are the indentations of the writing, but its very clear when held up to light. I'm sure that was a lot of money back then, but still quite odd to see a gun priced like that lol.

I have no idea if the bullets in the box are period or not either, but they are just plain lead which I haven't seen in a while. No jacket. Either way I wont be shooting those, however, I do plan on taking this gun with me to the range Wednesday to see how she shoots!

Anyways, thanks for any assistance and information you guys can provide!