View Single Post

Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 AM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

I would say they are the American version of Taurus. You get a group that says they are good or great and then you hear they are junk. You get a group that says they trusted them for years and then you hear they are junk. You get a group to say they are accurate and then you hear they are junk. You get a group to say they are decent quality for the price paid and then you hear they are junk. I would just treat it like any other used revolver and check the timing, end shake, and normal revolver wear areas. And I don’t use any +P in any older revolvers. I slight bump in velocity of +P from a snub is so minimal I don’t see the continued desire. A good soft lead expanding hollow point like the standard pressure offerings we have to choose from will be fine for your gun, your hand, and some BG’s torso should the time come. My two cents.

32Magnum - I love the "pocket hammer" gun you posted. I don't know why more of the big names didn't do this option. I know Colt did one like this on the Cobra and Detective Specials, but every other bobbed hammer I see can't be thumbed back at all. I much prefer that option on a snag free design. It's too bad the current incarnation of Charter can't copy that into some new guns.

Last edited by Maximumbob54; 06-16-2011 at 09:00 AM.