View Single Post

Old 06-16-2011, 04:44 PM

Liked 42 Times in 10 Posts

So glad I stumbled across this thread! I've been wondering about my 5906 and it's slide to frame fit for weeks now. From how you describe your 1076, mine isn't as wiggly, if I place thumb on top of slide (forward of the bbl/ejec port) and index finger under frame (forward of trigger-guard ) and squeeze, the slide moves somewhere around 1/16" or less towards frame (no noticeable difference with snapcap in chamber). This is the only gun I've ever seen (i'm only 27) with 'slide-wiggle.' My target results have been great, and it has been functioning flawlessly so i haven't let it worry me, but I've been quite curious and not even sure what to search for in google. So thanks to you guys I can stop wondering and just shoot it.

Also, Thought it'd be worth mentioning... I have a Wildey Survivor .45 win-mag in 8"bbl, in really great condition. I'm looking to sell/trade it as I'm not into reloading ammo just yet, and I'd really rather have a SW 29/629, or a 1076. I've been drooling over 629/29's and 1076's for months now and need to have them! My wildey has two mags and several original brochures, manual, and presentation case (wood/velvet). Anyone interested in trade or purchase?