View Single Post

Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BG 380 Laser buttons

I just picked up my BG 380 today, S/N EAM7XXX. I researched this gun for a month before making the purchase and had been to this sight and read the posts on the button fix. My laser buttons were basically non functional. I had to push extremely hard on them or hold the opposite side of the gun with one hand and push. I have strong hands. One Q-tip, a pair of small electronics flush cutters, the nail file blade of a small Swiss Army knife and a butane lighter and the job was done in ten minutes not counting the time it took me to find the Q tips in my 17 year old daughter's room . When I removed the buttons with the nail file blade both nibs were displaced off center. I cut the Q tip tube so that the nib stuck out and made contact with the foil switch. I did heat the tubes with the lighter to round the edges should they inadvertently contact the foil membrane. No problem with flat surface rubbing issues. The buttons now work effortlessly and I have had no problems with holster turn on issues. Thanks for the fix.

P.S. I think the gun is now a closet Lady Smith though. The Q tip tubes used were pink!