View Single Post

Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 PM

Liked 5,205 Times in 2,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatt51 View Post
Gee, watching Jerry's exhibition footage he runs .12 - .14. I guess he has competition.
He and several others I've timed run below .1 sometimes in competitions, and they are hitting the scoring spot and moving to the next target.

A lot of people can do .15 splits if they are not trying to hit anything. Try it with a timer at your club and you may be surprised how fast some can go that don't usually do well in matches, just trying for trigger speed.
And anybody can do .2 just trying for speed.

What amazes me most is not his trigger speed, but his reloads and gun handling. He has beaten other masters (who were shooting 1911s) shooting steel simply because he reloaded his revolver faster than the others reloaded their 1911s. As you know revolvers matches are won/lost on reloads and accuracy.

Added: For sheer trigger speed, fellow Oklahoman Curt Nichols , Match Director for the IDPA Nationals and 5 times IDPA/SSR National Champion, is about as fast as any I've shot with. He also does speedloader reloads that will water your eyes. We have 3 repeat IDPA Division National Champions here in Oklahoma, so we peons are used to getting beat "REAL GOOD!"

Last edited by OKFC05; 06-22-2011 at 01:46 PM.