View Single Post

Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Purchased a BG380 for the wife last March after she got her CC. Fired flat nosed 95gr. Win and 102gr. Golden Sabers. 161 flawlessly fired rounds except when she accidentally pushed the mag release once. For a .380, I liked it, she liked it but it developed a problem. After the second range trip it produced a weird "multi-ring" concentric laser "pattern" around the dot. Not fogging...three irregular "red" rings like ripples in water. NOT from anything on the outside lens. Called S&W and described the problem...TWICE! The tech I spoke with (same guy both times!) said he would send a return label. Waited two weeks and no label. Second call...verified address, I said "no problem", etc., I just want to get this fixed. No return label two weeks later. S.O.A.B.!
Showed it to the gun shop owner I bought it from and he sent it to S&W directly from his store... weeks ago. How hard is it to replace the laser and send it back? He said, today, that he heard S&W is having issues with the laser. Well, if I don't get it back SOON or at least an explanation of what the delay issues are then this will be my last S&W mainly because of the lack of performance from the original tech guy I spoke with and now the long delay getting it back. We live on the southwest border "near" El Paso and Juarez, Mexico. Most Americans are in denial about how dangerous traveling or living near the border with Mexico really is. She has an XDsc9 but it doesn't conceal for her easily in these hotter months and that's what the BG380 was for. I'm waiting on a Sig P290 as my BUG and if it turns out to be a winner I might sell her BG380 and get her a P290. She liked the BG380 and I thought it a good value....at the time.
I'm disappointed with S&W. Maybe I shouldn't be...but 11 weeks seems a bit long for a simple part replacement unless....what? Anyone know what's going on with the lasers?

Last edited by Martygrant; 06-24-2011 at 10:58 PM.