View Single Post

Old 06-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Sherrill View Post
A followup. Thanks for the suggestions. I got a replacement front sight for a 4566 (after talking with S&W), the lowest one they make. It fit, and seems to have fixed the problem.

I noticed, too, in examining a S&W M&P Pro (which I have) that the dovetails on that gun seem quite similar. The front seems the same, and the rear is close. (I'd have to take the existing sights out to be sure, and I'm in no hurry to do that.)

While I have a sight pusher, getting the old out was a real chore. Apparently, the last owner had used some Loc-Tite-like material.

Thanks again.

I think I like this gun as well as any .45 I've owned -- and I've had a few. (Only a SIG 220 Match might've been better. Might've. I don't have the SIG any more.)

Incidentally, I went to Numrich first for parts -- and when they HAD them, they were generally priced MUCH higher than the same parts NEW, directly from S&W. Go figure.
Glad you got your gun hitting where you want.

Sometimes it very simple things that can affect the accuracy,glad yours wasnt too bad.Thats a nice gun you have there.