View Single Post

Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 PM

Liked 152 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
(who wrote, in part):

If you can't find the correct height front......can Novack get you a higher rear sight.
It shoots close to point of aim, now. The new front sight (from S&W) is a lot lower than the one that came on the gun.

I couldn't find ANYONE with adjustable rear sights that would work on the 4506, but didn't call Novak. Should have, as they could fit sights to it, I'm sure, and their prices seem reasonable. The lower front sight was only $14.00 or so, shipped.

On the other hand, the M&P Pro I bought (used, and with a lot of work already done) had a Dawson adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front -- and that gives a superb sight picture.

That particular 9mm is the best shooting 9mm I own, and I've got some pretty good 9mm guns. I've been thrilled with it. (The prior owner had SpeedShooterSpecialties do the action work, and its just a great gun.)

My eyes, after cataract surgery, have a hard time focusing on the 4506 sights (and the sights of several of my other guns) -- the NOTCH is too narrow for me on most of them. But, I have no problem at all with the M&P Pro and Dawson rear sight. I may just eventually see if i can get Dawson to install a set of their sights on the 4506, even if it means recutting the rear dovetail -- if I keep shooting it.

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; 06-26-2011 at 03:40 PM.