View Single Post

Old 06-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1,331 Times in 325 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfo1 View Post
Here's a pretty nice one that I happened to find a couple of weeks ago. This K-38 Target Masterpiece ( Pre Model 14) is a five screw gun and dates to 1955. It was wearing rubber grips when I bought it and I have replaced them with these incorrect checkered targets. If anyone reading this has a nice set of diamond magnas that they'll sell me at a reasonable price to make this gun complete I'd sure appreciate it. .
rfo1

Hello Rick
That is a nice Pre-14 you have there. Are you sure it shipped with Magna stocks ? after January 1952 Target stocks were available and some of the Pre-14's indeed shipped from the factory with them, and as hard as diamond Target stocks are to find in good shape perhaps that is why it came to you with rubber grips on it, if someone took the originals off that gun and sold them, that would certainly explain why they may be missing. Here is one that shipped with a set of Factory diamond Target stocks in March 1953. If it were me, I would spend the $50.00 obtaining a factory history letter to see what the gun actually shipped with when it left the factory new before placing the wrong stocks on it ... Hammerdown