View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 02:07 AM

Liked 679 Times in 313 Posts

Nice old Smith.
I finished up at KI Sawyer in '76, and never had a problem qualifying with any Model 15 I ever carried.

Years later, I picked the best one from a plastic 5-gallon bucket of local sheriff's office trade-ins at a cop shop because I wanted that model. It has the SO stamped on it & doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the one pictured, but on the other hand it's in better shape than many I saw during my 4-year hitch.

On a side note, my SP badge was lost somehow when it came time to turn in my issued gear on separation. I had to pay an exhorbitant fee of something like $3 to Sam to cover the loss. I felt very shamed over my inability to take proper care of government property, could barely hold my head up in front of the supply sergeant.

Not too long after returning home as a free man, the badge miraculously reappeared in my suitcase, of all places.
I considered contacting my former SP commander at KI to return the badge & get a refund on my three bucks, but reluctantly decided it'd probably cost the government accounting people at least $30 million dollars to do the necessary paperwork and dropped the idea.

Denis
The Following 4 Users Like Post: