Thread: K frame 22lr
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Liked 416 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxonPig View Post
Let's see, now... take a Model 18 you bought for $500 and remove the adjustable sights and you have a Model 45 that will cost you three grand.

That's why I don't have a Model 45. Strictly a collector piece... a RICH collector's piece.
Yes they are collector pieces, not sure about the RICH part. I've owned 5 of them over the last ten years and I'm definitely not rich.

Here was one of them.

The old saying when it rains it pours came true for me with Model 45's. I got 3 of the 5 in a week. I paid less than $800 for each of them 2 in the box.

You have to keep your eyes & ears open and scan all the sites. None of mine came from on or off line auction sites. I kept one as a shooter which is a 95% gun. The rest went out in the forum Catch & Release program.

While they have a very cool factor they are heavy due to the added steel. Like a standard M&P very accurate.

My son tends to pick up the Model 35 before the M&P when plinking. I doubt S&W will ever make them again. The original sat at S&W for years before H.H. Harris I believe bought most of them.