View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 PM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Greetings, All,

This has been an interesting, and informative thread, and I thank one and all who contributed to it.

All other things aside, I like carrying 158gr bullets in my .38 Special, and .357 ammunition. I've always found that every .38 snub revolver I've found, and most of my .357's, shoot almost exactly to POA with that bullet weight. Since I believe that shot placement is the most important factor in stopping an aggressor, beyond all other considerations, I have chosen the loads that give that POA accuracy. I also hope and pray that, IF the time ever comes when I need to actually shoot someone in self-defense (which I TRULY hope never happens!), shot placement with a good 158 grain slug will carry the day and save my life or the lives others!!

All of my S&W, and many of my Ruger firearms in these calibers simply seem to thrive and shoot their best with 158 grain bullets. So, for me anyway, I'll not be switching to anything else, as everything else I've tried does not shoot as well as my old tried and true favorites. I have settled on WW 158gr lead SWCHP +P ammunition, or the non +P version of that same setup. Both shoot very well in my guns, and both have proved satisfactory enough to keep me using them. For what it's worth..... Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc