View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 08:53 PM

Liked 282 Times in 164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete950 View Post
CDawg
I will enlighten you 2 center mass hits didn't put my offender down.
They didn't open up like everyone thinks a handgun bullet has to.
they dumped all their energy to early and didn't get to the vitals and knuckle head lived to stand trial.

End of story can't go into any more detail.

according to the ME (Medical Examiner) I would have been better off with a heavy bullet.

That is why I have fallen into the full wadcutter camp and I currently carry
Jim Cirillo's "Safe Stop" round or Buffalo boars full wadcutter load.
Why just two shots? If you're justified in shooting in the first place then you're justified in dumping a whole cylinder-full or mag-full of rounds into the attacker until he is incapacitated.

The problem with listening to the opinions of a Coroner/ME is that they see bullets post-mortem. They have no idea what those bullets are or are not doing during the nanoseconds that those bullets are impacting their target and what that target is or is not doing seconds and minutes after those bullets impact.

There are many cases of people taking multiple hits from big heavy handgun bullets and even multiple hits from rifle rounds and not being immediately incapacitated. Switching to a heavier full caliber meplat bullet is no guarantee that they work any better than modern designed expanding SD loads.

As you noted, bullets recovered from human beings don't necessarily equate to picture-perfect expanded bullets pulled from ballistic gel. This is why I don't place any faith in either the FBI ballistics protocol nor what the defunct IWBA tells people to use. Presently all my carry guns are in 9MM and I use a load that has over four decades of street proven effectiveness; a load that both the FBI and IWBA people refuse to even acknowledge as being a viable SD and LE load.