View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 11:06 AM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Greetings, All,

Well, personally, I think the OP is passing along erroneous and misinterpreted information. In truth, "much ado about nothing".

I bought my M29, 8 3/8" barrel, nickel-plated, NIB, and have shot it a great deal on the range, working up loads for deer hunting. I have never used the "burn down the barn" super heavy bullet loads in it, and see no reason to do so. If I need something more than that 29 can offer, I simply shoot my FA .454 Casull, and call it good.

I think the M29 was designed very well, and made perfectly. It's a wonderful pistol, and has legions of trusting admirers, all over the world, me included. IF the OP is sincere in his questions here, and I have no idea if that is the case, then he has been misled by others, and is going to get the straight info here, which is good. IF he is NOT sincere, then he is just trying to stir the pot, and knows little about whence he speaks. My opinion, and YMMV.

As to being able to handle full "normal" .44 Mag loads in the M29, my lovely wife, Sweet Bride, can regularly hit targets out at 100 yards, off-hand, with that gun, and 240 grain hot .44 loads. Smacks then with authority, too!! If that big Smith was abusive with such loads, she would not be shooting it that well, period. For what it's worth...... Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Last edited by Doc Mark; 06-28-2011 at 11:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: