View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Liked 478 Times in 233 Posts

We all know the Ruger is a heavy duty piece, but their trigger pull is no comparison to the Smith 29. Face it folks, you probably won't wear either one out in a lifetime. I get a kick out of the semi-auto endurance tests that seem to be popular. "We fired 10,000 rds. of this, or 20,000 rds. of that, the gun never broke." Whoopee, who cares. Ask the average handgun owner how many rounds he/she shoots in a year, most have no idea, or, "well, I go to the range every week or two and shoot 4 boxes." This would be a helluva a lot of shooting for most people, a lot more than the majority, and that's not figuring that they probably own more than one gun, rotating something each time they go out. The average is most likely several boxes a year through each gun. I shoot a lot, but I'll never wear one out, nor will my children or grandchildren. We are too busy working, raising families, maintaining the business of life to worry about it. Professionals, well, that's a different story. In reality, 10 or 20 boxes per year in each gun is about it, more than likely, less. So, why worry? There are exceptions, but I'm not one of them, and I've been a frequent handgun shooter for more than 40 years, owning close to 100 guns in that time period, not counting rifles and shotguns. Shoot and enjoy, life is too short