View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM

Liked 3,814 Times in 1,243 Posts

The K frame .357 is what keeps popping into my head when I read your thoughts on the 29. Specials often, magnums for carry.

Your hand issues notwithstanding, I'm OK with magnums in my 29/629 pistols which range in length from 3" to 6.5" and I shoot them all with wood Hogues - smooth, finger. The grips fit my hand and I find the recoil satisfying, but not unpleasant.

I also shoot a Spl load in a magnum case through them, but I have been known to only shoot magnums in it during a range session, in fact, most of the time. A typical session sees a box of 100 down the pipe. I have other revolvers typically and need to spread the love to them as well, so 50 to 100 per gun and somewhere around 200 ~ 300 rounds in a session.

I am close to you in age at 55, so I believe all of us are different and what's OK for one isn't so good for another and so on. One size doesn't fit all.

I've had Rugers and I just couldn't get past the triggers. They are built strong, there's no denying that. The Bisley's are catching my eye and perhaps one day I'll make the grab on a 4.5" ~ 5.5" Colt version.