View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 PM

Liked 476 Times in 279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post

I am the Knucklehead that the OP was referring to posting on another forum.

2) I've never actually met someone who only shot 44 Magnum loads in their S&W 44 Magnums. Seen lots of claims on the net but apparently they don't live in Ohio or Michigan. In fact I've only seen full house 44 Magnums used for just 20-30 rounds, after that the shooter moved to 44 spl. or equivalent loads in a 44 Magnum case. Since the difference in volume and muzzle flash is quite obvious, it's pretty easy to tell when the shooter has backed off on what he's shooting. BTW, I've also never seen any 460 or 500 Magnum shooter expend more than 10 rounds in one range session, however I expect there are people on the net who claim to shoot 100 rounds or more in one range session.

wow...you fellas from Ohio-Michigan are amazing. Not only can you not tolerate moderate recoil, but you cannot believe any one else can. Don't know anyone who's EVER shot more than 30 rounds TOTAL outta their .44mag or anyone that's EVER shot more than 10 rounds during a range session outta their X-Frame? Sure snub nosed revolvers in .44mag and .460/500 S&W mag can be brutal, but so can the recoil in lightweight .38specials. Just can't YOUR hand can't take it, don't mean the gun or someone else's hand can't. I don't shoot .38 specials in my .357s and I don't shoot .44specials in my .44mags. I generally shoot a minimum of 200 of each at a range session(they are smiths BTW). Been doing this for about once a month for years for 10s of thousands of rounds. Since it takes me a half an hour to set up and another half hour to tear down, I don't go to shoot "a box". Oh, and I generally will shoot 50 to 100 rounds outta the X-Frame per trip.

Last edited by s&wchad; 06-29-2011 at 10:25 PM.