Thread: M&P Two Tone
View Single Post

Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM

Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts

it's a close call, but I think Glock's Tenifer coating is just a wee bit harder & more durable than Melonite. I'm surprised that with both, a leather or even fabric type holster can eventually produce signs of wear. Melonite in particular, can be scratched up pretty good if it happens to come into contact with things like coins, keys, etc. They say the nickle boron coatings are 40% harder, so for a pocket pistol in particular, that's good for me. Then again, I don't baby my stuff or keep really nice weapons on the shelf, although I sometimes wish I did with some of them--like my first edition Emerson design Benchmade CQ full size, tanto blade automatic tactical knife--never should have dug for worms with it or resharpened it--it's be worth a ton in 'mint shape' today--like my Gerber, Nam era Mark II--so would a couple of my first edition Spydercos. Hind sight's 20/20, alright! With many 'first edition' guns or early serial #'s , I am leery of buying/using them, because so often they have 'growing pains' that the factory has to fix!

Last edited by Rangel; 06-29-2011 at 03:35 AM.