Thread: M&P 15 sport
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I picked up one of the smith and wesson sports last week, took it to the range yesterday for first time, real impressed with the gun. i was shooing federal tactiacl 5.56 ammo and did not really try to sight in the iron sites, just got at 50 yards and aimed the best i could and was able to shoot a group about the size of my fist, just for the heck of it took a centerpoint 2-7 illuminated recticle that my son has on a sig 522, did not try to sight it in as well, just aimed for the same spot, shot a 30 round clip, and it shot great, when finished about a 1.5 inch group, just one big hole when done. looking now for a good way to mount a scope and be able to remove it and use iron sights if wanted, and see over the front fixed sight, my first ar rifle and dont see a need for forward assist. Any good ideas. Seems like a heck of a rifle, there where some other folks shooting and the smith actually shot better than a couple of the guys beside of us who where shooting custom made ar's and aimpoint sights, they where impressed, they both said they had been shooting for years and never had to use the forward asssit and dust cover was no big deal because it stayed in the gun case or safe when not shooting, so think i gonna keep it and work on some good sights without spending more than i did for the rifle, the one guy i was shooting beside of said that his rifle and scope was around 1800 dollars and my 585 dollar smith shot a tighter group.
thanks for any suggestions.