View Single Post

Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 AM

Liked 135 Times in 57 Posts

The 357SIG is another caliber option. Shooters either like it or hate it. To some it is the end all, to others it is not needed. In addition to the reliable feeding the others have mentioned, the 357SIG round is extremely accurate, flat shooting, and holds its velocity/accuracy with distance. It really shines in barrier penetration. Though not as powerful as the 357 magnum 125gr SJHP, the ballistic gel profile is similar. Recoil wise the actual impulse is less than a 40 S&W. Felt recoil is subjective and highly influenced by the platform. I think some shooters think "357 magnum here comes the recoil" when shooting 357SIG. The actual measured recoil impulse of 357SIG is slightly less than 40. I shoot a lot of both calibers and find the 40 has a tendency to rise and twist. The 357SIG recoil impulse is more straight back and quick. With proper recoil management and practice you can get back on target quickly and shoot the 357SIG fast. This is my observations with working long term with the caliber. Effect wise all of the recognized combat calibers work or fail about the same. The 357SIG has gained an enviable street record in actual shootings. Bill
The Following 3 Users Like Post: