View Single Post

Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,047 Times in 4,758 Posts

Unfortunately, some of the less expensive offerings from the major U.S. brands are now no longer manufactured here. Look carefully at what you are buying. I used to feel I could safely recommend any of the U.S. brands, but some of the .40 SW ammunition I purchased recently from what was my favored manufacturer was just miserable. Accuracy was substandard, and the bullet would push back into the case in routine feeding in several of my pistols, which would tie up the gun. It made me wonder where the bullet was in those rounds that succeeded in making it into the chamber. The rounds also seemed rather mild, compared to what I am used to buying. All in all, a rude surprise to order 1000 rounds of ammunition "manufactured" and sold by a U.S. company that, based on many years of experience, you thought you could trust to supply a quality product, and then get this stuff.

As for CCI Blazer, if you are not a handloader, it would probably be at the top of my list. Just watch the description of the bullet. I think sometimes it is possible to think we are buying a true, jacketed bullet (FMJ) when in fact we are only getting a swaged, plated bullet.