View Single Post

Old 07-10-2011, 04:01 PM

Liked 564 Times in 104 Posts
Default That pesky Remington XP-100

I titled the thread after one that lingers on the internet on the Kennedy assasination. I've had a total of 3 XP-100's. The first 2 I bought in the '70's and should have kept both, but that's another story. The third one was purchased at the Hannau Rod and Gun Club new in 1987. I spotted it while buying reloading supplies. It was a 14 1/2 inch varmint model in .223 Rem, brand new. The guy behind the counter saw me looking at it and told me it had been there quite a while and he would make me a good deal. $250.00 out the door with everything. Sometime thereafter, I acquired a 2X6 Redfield EER scope, and that has been how this has been set up for 24 years now. This has been the most accurate gun I have ever owned, rifles included. Alas, Remington in their infinite wisdom discontinued the XP-100 completely in 1994. Everyone in the world started making "plastic" pistols, and Remington stopped making the best one ever conceived. They've completely quit stocking parts for these guns. My bolt stop has broken, and the bolt will come completely out the back if not careful, which is not that big of a deal except it sometimes is a PITA when letting someone unfamiliar with the gun shoot it. Also, I have wanted something other than the "nylon" stock for years. A lot of companies offer inletted blanks, but finished stocks are few and far between and expensive. Joel Russo wants $ 850.00 for a completed one. I can buy another XP-100 off gunbroker for that. I guess I should leave well enough alone, but some nights, I wake up and have all these ideas.............. So, I guess the point of this is, does anyone else on this forum have any interest in the XP?? If so, I'd like to have a conversation.

Last edited by phenson; 07-10-2011 at 07:23 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: