View Single Post

Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I own a S&W 41 and a Hi-Standard Victor. I aquired my first M41 in about 1980, purchased new and shot it in bullseye competition. I fired an average of 5k rounds/year through it with no loss of accuracy. I have since aquired an early version of the M41, with the cocking indicator. It too is a tack driver and works flawlessly. About three months ago I acquired a Hi-Standard Victor. The more I fired it, the better I liked it. Like my M41, it is very accurate on the bullseye range at 50 yds and functions flawlessly. The more I shoot it in bullseye competition, the better I like it! I purchased a Marvel Gun Works scope mount for it and installation was a breeze, just remove the ventilated rib and the Marvel Mount replaces it. The screw holes line up perfectly, no drill & tapping required. The Marvel Mount was $45. Also, Champion's Choice sells a grip mount for Hi-Standard pistols for about $50., no drill & tapping required for it either. I have a grip mount on my M41 too, same, no drill & tapping. I love both pistols and would not rate one over the other. Both are masterpieces of craftsmanship, accuracy and reliability!!