View Single Post

Old 07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,109 Times in 4,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenson View Post
So, I guess the point of this is, does anyone else on this forum have any interest in the XP?? If so, I'd like to have a conversation.
I have an old, original Fireball in .221, complete with manual, and it's cheesy brown vinyl zip-case. Serial number A75021xxx - no idea when it was made. I've had it for more than a few years but have shot it very little, so I know hardly anything about it - except that it IS loud. I was never impressed with its trigger, but the things can be tuned. I just never got around to having it done. I was always a lot more interested in Jets.

I bought the gun to use as a base-gun for converting to an IHMSA gun. As luck would have it, more or less as soon as I got it, the club closed where I was shooting IHMSA, and it was too much driving to go to the next one almost twice as far away. So my Fireball has lived a rather dull life.

I do distinctly remember the racket of those 7mms that were popular back then. Sometimes I would be unfortunate enough to be shooting my revolver with those guys on either side. I learned to just show up late and ask to be on a squad with no Contenders or XPs. Lots of times I would be shooting by myself, or with another few revolver shooters who had the same idea.

These days, I have a little problem ( ) with my hearing. It's not due to the Fireball, or the Jets, of course. The short story is that I try not to shoot anything that makes too much of a racket, so the Fireball and the Jets have just been sitting around since my "problem" was discovered. No sense making things worse than they are.

If anyone feels inclined to hazard a guess what a fair selling price might be for the gun, I would appreciate it. It really should be in the hands of someone who will use it.

If this has drifted a little too far from "conversation," I apologize for that. It at least started with good intentions.