View Single Post

Old 07-15-2011, 03:26 PM

Liked 95 Times in 52 Posts

Hey guys thanks for the info and the link to drillspot. I've been using the same corncob media for... a few years and it's probably time to get some more! I used to put the dirty corncob media into a (wait for it) section cut from my wife's old pantyhose (I hear you guys laughing already) and would hose it down really good outside while it hung from a step ladder. That would get it reasonably clean just from rinsing and a little dish detergent. After the media is good and dry I "recharge" it by either putting brass cleaner or car polish into the running tumbler and let it go for about 30 minutes.

After getting bored with the above routine every 4 months or so I ended up cutting up strips of used dryer sheets. I found that one on the forum as well and that does a pretty darn good job of cleaning out the dirt and fine particles. Now I probably use the dryer sheet strips about every 3-4 times I use the tumbler. Just to help keep the media cleaner.

It's kind of fun to tinker with this stuff and to think of ways to save money. And when the reloads come out looking factory new for a fraction of what ammo costs today it is definitely worth the effort!