Thread: 4566 s&w
View Single Post

Old 07-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im really enjoying reading about the 4566 , I am so into Smiths , I used to be one of those guys that only liked the Smith revolvers (66, 629,686) , a good buddy of mine said his department went with 5906 several years back, he claimed he was at the range and barrel melted while shooting, I was like I guess it could it could happen , but you would have to have shot a couple thousand rounds continuous! He claims he didnt , for whatever reason , anyway, I listened to him and never bought one , however , Recently I bought an SD 40 and I really like it , its said to be a cross between the sigma and mp series , and although it looks similiam to both It doesnt shoot like a sigma or the mp ,but for my purposes it will suit fine as a defense gun , I think it could be used as a duty carry for a small department with out problems!
Anyway back to 45 66 series , I am going to get one , I really the all steel handguns better than the polymers , just the feel of it , my Colt Government 1911 is like melted butter you just cant get enough of it! Im thinking this Smith is gonna have the same reaction!