View Single Post

Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 AM

Liked 6,188 Times in 1,895 Posts

I'll interject some stuff about Tylers I've observed over the last 45 yrs. I'll delete this post if it's off topic or objectionable:

1. Tylers have never been a "perfect" science. Sometimes they fit like a glove sometimes not so much.
2. The most important thing is to fit the Tyler as tight as possible without any wobble or the tabs WILL break.
3. On Tylers that fit well but still produce "see throughs" (where light can be seen between Tyler and gun grip) I've back filled with electrical tape to improve aesthetic appearance.
4. The wood grips supplied by S&W now are thinner and T grips should not be expected to fit like they did on the magnas they were designed for. In fact most any non magna grip will produce a different fit. The Tylers were mfgred. to magna grip specs.
5. The J Frame T1 will fit any K frame just dandy. They fit a RB K like a 66 or 19. The T1 is a bit shorter and narrower than a T3 K frame T.
6. I'm therefore going to assume anything that applied to Tylers will apply to BK's

What I am saying here is Tylers filled a niche in the shooting needs before rubber grips were invented. The Tyler was not designed as an appearance accoutrement, but rather a grip enhancement. So if you can't achieve a perfect fit, that's life.

I gotta say it's a great thing wrangler5 is doing.

Last edited by JcMack; 07-18-2011 at 08:26 AM.