View Single Post

Old 07-19-2011, 08:39 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgarreth View Post
Thanks LES. That is the info i was looking for. I also love the unfluted look of the cylinder. Over here, the difference between the V-Comp asnd the 629 classic 5" is about $400.00. I think it might be worth the difference. Only thing is, i would have to order and wait. The classic is on the shelves, but since i am going to put it on layaway anyway, i think i can wait.
For the amount of $400 difference, I think the Performance Center weapon is worth it since you will be waiting on lay away anyway. If I eventually get one of these, I'll also have to special order since virtually no gun shop in SoCal that I've been to has one on the shelf.

With the Performance Center weapon, I doubt if you'll ever have to make improvements to the action and you'll be happy right out of the box. The only thing I might do to mine is to add one of those ultra cool little aimpoint red dot scopes to aid my middle aged vision so that I can hit the target! I'm really having trouble squinting down the length of that barrel and getting a good sight picture.