View Single Post

Old 07-22-2011, 02:16 AM

Liked 1,025 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumbob54 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen...

May I introduce to you, the Sir Elton John BK Grip...

< snip images >

Not quite what I had in mind... I thought silver to match the stainless and texture would help with the grip feel...

I may have cursed myself with my, "Even if I screw it all up..."

I'm not sure what to do. Strip it and go back and buy the hammered silver spray this time or just generic silver??? Or leave it alone and just have a "fabulous" looking grip adapter...
When asked about the endless, fruitless experiments to develop a working light bulb, Thomas Edison is reputed to have said that he never failed, he just found a thousand ways that didn't work.

The textured silver strikes me as a way that didn't work, and now we all know. So thanks for trying, and for sharing the results.

I sense that your experiments will continue. If they do, please keep us posted.

Edited to add:

I find that I have a can of that same paint (different color) and it says it's for METAL surfaces, with no mention of wood, plastic or any other surface on which it might be used. Don't know if that would make a difference in the way the color and/or texture would look when sprayed on plastic. But if you do decide to strip the adapter and paint again, it might be worth looking specifically for a paint that is designed for plastic. (Like the Krylon Fusion line mentioned in earlier posts.)

Last edited by wrangler5; 07-22-2011 at 02:25 AM.