View Single Post

Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Liked 58,865 Times in 9,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith41mag View Post
First of all, I'm a NRA Life Member. I still would not recommend NRA insurance .

A friend of mine paid their premiums to them for years. Not long ago someone broke into the house and took safe, guns and all.

She talk to NRA and sent them a list of the guns. They (NRA) told her she would have to replace all of the guns first, and then they would remburse her money. She didn't have the money to replace the guns.

Her husband had died a few years ago and she didn't want anymore guns.

So... guess what? she lost all of her guns, safe, ammo and other items.

She has her checks were she paid the NRA for many years for their so called insurance.

She was not paid a penny from the NRA. Total loss.
Here's some free legal advice for your friends' widow. Get a copy of the policy where it contains such language (if it in fact does). Go see a lawyer with experience dealing with insuranct policy litigation. File a complaint with the state's insurance commishioner. Each state has laws regarding what may and may not be contained in insurance policies and something like this sounds like it may very well be prohibited by statute as against public policy. Also these laws lots of times provide for attorney fees for the siccessful complainant.