View Single Post

Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Okay, just rambling here.

Buy a paddlelock with two keys. Mail one of the keys to your expert. Once he reports that he has the key, rent a U-HAUL truck and hire a bonded driver. Load the truck and lock it with the paddlelock. Note the time of day that the driver starts toward his destination. Your expert at the other end receives the truck and notes the arrival time. He unlocks the truck and unloads the evidence. Bonded driver returns the U-HAUL truck.

I have no idea what that would cost.
A cheaper way would be to hire me to carry it over in my own truck. I am in possession of the things now. For about $250 a day, I would carry it to the expert. But we have mileage to consider. My truck gets about 10mpg and the round trip would be about 700 miles. So we are now looking at $800 or more. Once there it is the experts problem to get it back to the local area.
The only flaw in the soup here is the powers to be will not allow me to leave the area for two whole days. I have to go to Baton Rouge for a half day on business and they are screaming at me about it and they are the ones that are sending me.