View Single Post

Old 07-27-2011, 04:48 PM

Liked 23 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop View Post
From now on I will carry my MP 45 with an empty chamber,It takes a split of a second to chamber a round and fire,I saw a you- tube video where a guy after being attacked with a knife ,got hold of his glock and chamber a round and fire ,he did it so fast you have to see the video twice to realize what he did.The bad guy was dead before he hit the ground.
I'd strongly recommend against doing this.

Life is not a video. You're other hand may not be available. You may be fighting off the suspect with your weak hand. You may be injured. You may be pushing a loved one out of the line of fire. You may see the threat coming and want to covertly draw the gun. "Racking " the slide blows the whole covert thing out the window.

There are a lot of reasons why you should have a gun that's loaded if you are carrying a gun into harms way. Loaded means fully loaded.

This really boils down to proper equipment and training. The friend of the OP was using a knockoff holster. He was competing in a game type environment.

In a real world type environment, there is no rush to re-holster after becoming involved in an incident. Any decent instructor worth the title will teach students to scan for additional threats prior to holstering.