View Single Post

Old 07-30-2011, 08:12 AM

Liked 3,024 Times in 950 Posts

my $.02 that is worth what you paid for it...

I greatly DISLIKE single stage presses. If I started reloading on one I would never continued, I would have given up and never did it again.

I started with the Dillon Square Deal and I still like the press. I have moved on to a 650 but the SDB is a great machine.

As others have stated it does matter about the users mechanical ability and reading and understanding technical manuals. Some folks are better at this than others.

To me reloading is a simple process that can be a challenge to master, if you will. It is like many things a skill and like most skills they can be learned and improved upon.

After many years of using the SDB and 650 some one locally was selling a Rockchucker. I somehow felt I was missing out on something by not having one. So I bought this machine set it up and decided to make some 45 acp on it. My goal was 50 rounds, I got them deprimed, sized then lost interest. Way to tedious for me to even think about.

On my 650 I have loaded everything from 38 S&W to 30:06. I find it easy to set up and use.

I did sell off my SDB, when I bought the above Rockchucker I got another SDB from the same guy. That little press is a joy to use, heck I made about 500 rounds just having fun using it. There is something about the SDB that is nice to use. I traded this machine off, but Id buy another one in a heart beat.

heres a funny you tube video

‪Dillon Square Deal B 45 ACP‬‏ - YouTube
The Following User Likes This Post: