View Single Post

Old 07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Each tool has it's proper place in the scheme of reloading. There is NO real one size fits all here.

Shooting needs, mechanical aptitude, personality and a host of other things make our choice of press a personal one. That is one reason that some feel so strong about the one that they have chosen.

I have loaded TONS of ammo on the 3 Square Deal B presses that I have had. All of them set up at the same time on the same bench too! Why? Ease and extra money at the time, plain and simple. I was loading for two that were shooting weekly competition though so I had an excuse!

My point is that that scenario would not suffice for the fellow that shoots Military Rifle competition on the same schedule because the press, while a good choice, cannot do rifle cartridges at all!

For some, pulling a handle 4 times to get 1 bullet is relaxing. Okay, I got it. When I want to head to the range though, I want that 1 pull to give me a bullet.

Now, all of that being said, when I get a new to me caliber, I am really thankful that I have a single stage to build them on. It slows me down and makes me pay attention to every detail. Something that should be done always but especially when building or working up a load for the first time.

Again, my 2 cents and like WG28, you get what you pay for!