View Single Post

Old 07-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbmp40 View Post
Thanks for all of your thoughts and opinions i am in compition shooting doing about 6 different shoots a month and firing around 600-800 rounds at them alone not including practice. so i'm really wanting a progressive and im not into rifles shooting. don't even hunt with a gun Tradition bow hunter/compition. man do hobbies cost alot. I did go to a friends place and learned and used his dillion progressive 650 and if I have questions i have someone close by that can help. Once again thanks alot
At that rate a Square Deal B would be the minimum I would suggest. The fact you have help close by is a big plus. My second XL650 was purchased from a doctor that couldn't figure out how to set it up and run it!

What calibers are you loading? If it is one of the short auto cases, the SDB is perfect for your needs.

The ONLY caution I have is if you go to expand your caliber selection. While you are tie to Dillon for dies, the do come with the caliber conversion that includes everything you need to run the round. The XL650 is not that way. You can use anyone's 7/8x14 dies but the caliber conversion costs around $80, last I checked. So, $130 per caliber change.

The LNL may be cheaper but I have no experience with them.

Sorry, on the iPod, will fix when I get to a pc!