Thread: A 9 mm j-frame
View Single Post

Old 07-31-2011, 01:03 AM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default I've heard the same rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagill View Post
I read a rumor that S&W actually does have plans to produce the Bodyguard revolver in 9mm.
Massad Ayoob, mentioned on another forum that he, too had heard the same rumor. Then he said that it was at this point, simply a rumor. And I might be imagining this, but I believe he also said that it was rumored to be built on the same frame as S&W's new polymer framed .38. I would be standing in line to buy one of those. And just in case the good folks at S&W ever read these forums... Please bring back the 5" model 625 in .45ACP and .45AR. A blued steel frame wouldn't hurt anything either! Not everybody wants a model 625 as a games gun where it has to fit inside a certain box. The 5" model 625 is a damn fine revolver and it deserves to be made again. This was a real working gun... not just an IDPA toy! The 5" barrel gave it a fine balance and the 4" just doesn't cut it for some of us. Those folks over at IDPA have no right to dictate what type of guns the rest of us should have. There, I hope that makes my position very clear.

Last edited by LarryC213; 07-31-2011 at 01:09 AM. Reason: I had something to add!