View Single Post

Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

Liked 196 Times in 85 Posts
Default How can one shoot himself accidentally?

You hear quite often that someone shoots themself accidentally because they didn't "know" the gun was loaded. Some even get away with murder because of this reasoning.

I just read that it once again happened in Kent, WA. A man "inadvertently" shot himself in the groin on Thursday.

The man was handling his own handgun that he thought was unloaded when it went off. The idiot was transported to a hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries. And here is the kicker, "He is not expected to be charged for the incident." If he were to be charged what kind of charge should it be? I'd say he should never be allowed to handle a gun while in the present of other people, would you want hang with this guy?

I don't even want to think why he didn't know the gun was loaded and for sure don't want to think about why he was pointing the dang thing at his gut!

It's bad enough with all the shootings going on giving gun owners a bad name let along stupid stunts like this. Ok, I can agree that an accidental discharge, AD, can happen once maybe twice in a life time but if you obey the first rules, "Aways treat a gun as if it is loaded, and always point it in a safe direction", then hopefully things should work out ok. Not a difficult thing to remember and to follow.