View Single Post

Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 AM

Liked 894 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog28 View Post
Its like buying cars. The cars made up to the fifties were more hand fitted and too me showed more craftmanship. Todays cars are made out of plastic and by robots. Its all about production. Handguns are the same now. Look at all the tupperware guns now. That should tell everybody what this world has become.
Regards,
Howard
When I opened this thread, I told myself I wouldn't participate. This crock of a comment demands a reply.

Wow, Howard, are you living in the dark ages. Cars from the fifties needed hand fitting because they were primitive, chrome laden junk that couldn't roll off the line without it.

Today's cars are infinitely better handling, disc brakes that actually STOP, incredibly better engines and fuel economy (did you like 10mpg guzzlers and pathetic bias ply tires that were prone to blowouts?), massively better acceleration and incredibly better emissions. Oh, yes, another comment for the geezer crowd, they're built of much higher strength steel although I'll grant you, thinner sheet steel and in crash tests, the "occupants" in the older cars die while the "occupants" in the new ones are hardly injured. Nothing but the best from the fifties, there Howard.

Back to revolvers. I can understand those who prefer the old and what are probably deeper blue jobs and such but I'm also confident that the metallurgy in todays guns are superior. A lot of well regarded people as well as some factory gun engineers I know agree with me. Buy and use what you like but recognize the qualities of guns of both eras. Don
The Following 5 Users Like Post: