View Single Post

Old 08-07-2011, 10:24 PM

Liked 53,029 Times in 16,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelgun28 View Post
Many years ago friends of my wife's families son and his friend are at the mall. There are around high school age, just graduated or will soon( I for get its a while ago) Any how the friend has a nice jeep, the replacement CJ what ever it was, open sides, had nice rims. So as they are getting in the jeep some person (I would like to use another name) jumps them pulls a gun, tells them to drive. They all drive out of the mall to some vacant wooded lot. He tells them he just wants the truck and to get out and lay face down in the dirt. Well, they do it, the " person" then shoots them both in the back of the head point blank. The friend dies right there, the friends son some how turned his head and the bullet did the around the skull under the scalp thing, he lives. The "person" drives off. This kid is hurt but manages to go for help, he lives but it was a rough time for him. The cops catch the "person", its the "my baby didnt do nuffin" crowd. We lost track of these folks over the years.

So to me in this situation, never lay down, never go in the back room, freezer ect.

Crash the car into a pole or tree if need be. Find your chance and take it, even if its a small chance. Id rather die trying than take one in the back of the head laying in the dirt.

Lesson learned

Student Is Indicted for Murder In Rockland County Carjacking - NYTimes.com

People v Edward L. Summers :: July, 2005 :: New York Appellate Division, Second Department Decisions :: New York Case Law :: US Case Law :: US Law :: Justia
Hard to believe that was 17 years ago, seems like just yesterday. I remember it well, was a sad event. There used to be a Jeep dealer right across RT59 opposite the mall, I bought a Wrangler from them in 88.