View Single Post

Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 AM

Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon88 View Post
The takedown lever does not need to be activated quickly in the field or during use. The slide STOP does have to be activated quickly in order to clear certain types of malfunctions, or to do an administrative lock and clear.

This is the most ridiculous thing to argue about, yet there's about two threads a week on it. If you want to play games with your pistol on the range and "auto forward" the slide, go for it. I hope you never have to use your pistol for real and get a click-no-bang because you trained yourself to operate your pistol incorrectly.
You mean to tell me that running out of ammo in a gun fight is so second nature to you that you will calmly drop the empty and seat the new mag with just the right amount of force that it fully seats, but has zero chance of auto forward so that you may grasp the slide and let it go. I personally dont think its a feature or problem. The California neutered 10 round mags dont fully seat unless you slam them home with enough force to get an auto forward most of the time. I dont count on the auto forward, but in hundreds if not thousands of reloads that it has happened, it has never failed to load a new round.