View Single Post

Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 PM

Liked 53 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varangi View Post
I'M sorry- You are correct; After my first shooting, "I prayed everyday for the past 30 years that I would not be in a situation where I had to actually shoot someone. God did not listen- I live with these memories, including the smells every G-D day.

God Bless America

Oh yea- Harry's star number was 2211. My friend has worn that star proudly for 26years.
God has a strange sense of humor- He constantly tests the strong ones while leaving the meek to pontificate on a bully pulpit.

To all members of this forum, I apologize for my digression. I will leave you with this- If you are justified, it does not matter where your round enters.

Another lifelong rule I survived by for 30+ years," I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!"

To all those who have heard a shot "In Anger" God Bless You and Yours..

Mike
30yrs LEO-retired
Seems like you and I have covered some of the same dirt and I can understand the attempt at humor in your earlier post. There's lots of old cops here but there's also a bunch of new ones, and civilians too, that are here to learn from us old guys. I would hate for one of them to end up in hot water over something I said.

After I retired I was going to do some security work and the company wanted me to attend their training. In the firearms portion they taught a "shoot to kill" policy. After several attempts to clear this mess up I walked out. It's bad business. I'll shoot to stop the threat all day long but, when the threat is over so is my shooting.