View Single Post

Old 08-11-2011, 02:21 PM

Liked 53 Times in 18 Posts
Default S&W 669 Info? (PICS Posted)

I recently aquired a S&W 669. It was a police confiscated gun and release back for sale (DOB: Aug 1987). A border patrol officer in Detroit, buys these confiscated guns from a legal source from the Hamtramik PD. After they've cleared NCIC and the 5yr wait.. He gets them for a pretty cheap price, and then turns around and sells them in his shop for reasonably good deals. This way everyone gets a good deal. So I traded my SCCY CPX-1 + $25 for this. Anyway, I used to have a 3913, and loved it very much. It was a popular pistol. However, I can't seem to find a couple specifics about this 669.

Besides the finish, I know the 469 & 669 are the same and use the same mags. But will either gun accept mags from other S&W autos? Like a 59, or 6904 & 6906? If so, do they fit flush? Or stick out the bottom? Also, the screw that sits on the right side of the manual safety, its IMHO god awful *****. Its the Philips screw head. Now I've seen on some peoples pictures what appears to be a torx head or Allen head screw. Anyone know where I can purchase on of these?

EDIT:
Just put in a set of Wolf factory power springs. Took it completely apart and cleaned it out. Except the safety. I had trouble with my 3913 too when I had. How do I remove the safety again? I just want to replace the firing pin spring. Here are some pics. Excuse the dog hair woven carpet. The maid has been lazy this week. Over all condition of the gun is pretty good. Not many dings on it. Not too bad for a police confiscated gun.

Last edited by doctorj357; 08-16-2011 at 01:37 PM.